4 Simple Goals
A Beautiful Mess recently posted a fun challenge. Come up with 4 simple goals for the end of the year. I’m not one for new year’s resolutions, but I’ve enjoyed having goals posted on the blog so that I have some sort of record of what I hope to accomplish in the future. These four goals are meant to be on a smaller and more doable scale.
The rules are as follows:
1. Choose simple goals that are easily accomplished but that you may not otherwise have done.
2. Don’t choose result oriented goals, but activity related goals. (So don’t choose “loose 10 pounds” but choose “swim every week”)
3. Choose personal goals that you will enjoy doing!
4. Reward yourself when you accomplish each of your goals.
5. Blog about your goals and your achievements (and share them with A Beautiful Mess)!
So! Without further ado, here are my 4 simple goals:
1. Take intentional pictures. I’ve had a lot of fun taking pictures with my iPhone. I would like to work on taking intentional and beautiful pictures, not just quick snaps that I don’t love.
2. Make at least one Christmas present. It seems like I always have a lot of good creative ideas for Christmas presents but then I run out of time and I just buy something last minute. This year I would love to make at least one present.
3. Swim at least once a week. Before we went to the beach this summer I was swimming twice almost three times a week. When we got back from vacation I was promoted to full-time work and I got a part-time coaching job. These things have completely thrown off my swimming routine. Not to mention it’s hard to go to bed early when there are football games on (Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights)!
4. Get out of my reading rut. I’ve been so busy that when I have a spare minute to read I either choose something more mindless to do or fall asleep. I’m two books behind for our online book club, but I have them both sitting on my nightstand. I need to break this funk and get back into it!
For a reward, I’ve decided to make a wish list (similar to Elsie) with things I don’t think I could convince myself to get otherwise. Let me know if any of you decide to join in on the fun!